VOTE is a grassroots organization founded and run by formerly incarcerated people (FIP), our families and our allies. We are dedicated to restoring the full human and civil rights of those most impacted by the criminal (in)justice system. Together we have the experiences, expertise and power to improve public safety in Louisiana and beyond without relying on mass incarceration.
We envision a world where an interwoven network of formerly incarcerated leaders have transformed us out of our current carceral state and into a future of mass liberation for all.
As a leader in the Formerly Incarcerated and Convicted People and Families Movement, VOTE is committed to the full restoration of civil and human rights for people with convictions. We have adopted the movement's 14-point platform as our own, not just because we helped to craft them, but because we are wholly invested in bringing them to reality.
- We Demand an End to Mass Incarceration
- We Demand Equality and Opportunity for All People
- We Demand the Right to Vote
- We Demand Respect and Dignity for our Children
- We Demand Community Development, Not Prison Profit
- End Immigration Detention and Deportation
- End Racial Profiling Inside Prison and In Our Communities
- End Extortion and Slavery in Prisons
- End Sexual Harassment of People in Prison
- Human Contact is a Human Right
- End Cruel and Unusual Punishment
- We Demand Proper Medical Treatment
- End the Incarceration of Children
- Free Our Political Prisoners